Welcome to OpenRealty 2.6 BETA
Browse Listings | Support Forum
Download OpenRealty 2.6 BETA
So easy, even a real estate agent can do it! OpenRealty is a free, open source real estate listing manager. Intended to be both easy to install and easy to administer, OpenRealty uses PHP to drive a mySQL backend, thus creating a tool which is fast and flexible.
While the basic version of OpenRealty can be downloaded for free, I'm always available to customize it for your specific needs. Feel free to contact me.
- Allows visitors to look through your real estate listings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365.25 days a year.
- Easily keep your property listings updated -- no HTML coding required to add, delete, or modify listings.
- Built-in image manager -- upload photos via your web browser, either when creating new listings or modifying an existing one. If photos are not uploaded for a property, a "photo not available" image will be automatically displayed for the listing.
- Automagically interfaces with Yahoo Maps -- potential customers will always know exactly where to find your property.
- MySQL database backend -- free and fast, mySQL is standard with most hosting plans.
- Secure -- no one but you can change your listings.
- Viral Marketing -- visitors can email listings to their friends right from OpenRealty.
- Easy to install -- just edit a single configuration file.
- Showcase specific properties -- built-in featured listing manager allows you to place special offerings right on your front page.
- Flexible search -- browse properties according to whatever criteria you like.
- Easy setup -- configurator tool makes OpenRealty 2.6 easy to install.
Of course, OpenRealty is written entirely in PHP, which makes it easy to customize and revise to match the look of your website.
Installation Instructions | Support Forum
Version 2.6 update (3-18-01):
- Changed the authentication scheme. Should now be compatible with a variety of servers, including IIS and NT-based machines.
- Like version 2.5x, this is not a major upgrade -- no need to do anything if you're happy with the last version
- Users of version 2.5x shouldn't need to do anything to do the database if they do want to upgrade.
Version 2.5.1 update (2-28-01):
SUMMARY OF BUGFIXES FOR THIS VERSION:
PLANNED FOR NEXT VERSION:
- Not a major upgrade -- no need to do anything if you're happy with the last version
- Numerous minor tweaks in the agent admin interface and interface improvements
- Moved the size of uploads to the common.php file
- Added ability to sort searches... might get an upgrade in the future...
- Reworking of code to make it easier to modify and extend OpenRealty in the future
- I'm investigating the use of auto-thumbnailing capabilities in PHP, but am not sure if that'll go in the next version.
- ???? Let me know what you're looking for
Version 2.5 update (2-20-01):
SUMMARY OF BUGFIXES FOR THIS VERSION:
- Completely new, database-driven image management system
- Ability to handle several agents at once and an admin mode to
- Improved interface
- Template-driven HTML pages
- More feature fields -- including square footage and property size
- Closed mySQL connections at the end of every page. This seems important for scalablilty.
- Change of 'localhost' to a variable defined in the common.php file.(Way more flexible. Default will still be localhost.
- Addition of limits to how many pictures a property can have or an agent can post. Defined in the common.php shared file.
- Ability to recognize returns in the comment fields -- so, the agent won't have to worry about an HTML at all.
- New image management solves all the jpg/png/gif problems.
- The code strips out decimal points when searching by price. Interface changes to help control user input.
- Select listing for Washington, DC in 'states' list
- Stashed admin tools in their own directory
- Lots of little bug fixes and corrections